Elvis Presley impersonators battle to be King of Europe
London: Elvis Presley impersonators from across the world are competing in Birmingham to be crowned Europe`s King of rock `n` roll.
More than 70 singers gathered in front of a panel of judges at the European Elvis Championships. The winner will pick up a cash prize, a holiday to Memphis, Tennessee and a jumpsuit made by the creators of Presley`s elaborate outfits, reported Sky News online.
The annual event is held around Presley`s birthday weekend on January 8 and celebrates the musical and cultural icon, who died at the age of 42 on August 16, 1977.
Organiser Michael King, from North Wales, said the competitors hail from all over the UK and as far afield as Austria, Italy, France, Hungary and Germany.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brad Pitt child abuse case: Investigation extends due to new accusation
- Awwdorable: Kushal Tandon, Gauahar Khan's Twitter conversation is too cute to miss
- Arjun Bijlani's 'Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil' shoot stalled by Shah Rukh Khan fans
- Looking forward to bring 'Battle for Bittora' on screen, says Sonam Kapoor
- Deepika Padukone's 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' to have India premiere ahead of its release