Elvis Presley`s sweat-stained jumpsuit goes under the hammer
Los Angeles: A white jumpsuit that Elvis Presley wore while performing in Las Vegas is going up for auction this week.
The King of Rock and Roll`s white costume, which is decorated with a large green and blue peacock across the front, has sweat patches, suggest reports.
The sweaty suit is part of a music memorabilia sale titled A Rock & Roll History: Presley to Punk hosted by Sotheby`s New York.
The auction will also include a red military-style jacket worn by Michael Jackson, Jimi Hendrix`s guitar strap that he wore at the 1969 Newport Pop Festival, John Lennon`s upright piano, Kurt Cobain`s smashed Univox guitar and Bob Dylan`s handwritten lyrics to `Like a Rolling Stone` among many other items.
The peacock jumpsuit is expected to fetch between USD 200,000 - USD 300,000. Two other articles of
Presley`s apparel are also up for auction, but estimated to go for much less.
The red button-down shirt that he wore during the 1964 MGM film Kissin` Cousins has an estimated price of USD 10,000 - USD 15,000, while a white wool jacket worn in concert in the early 1950s, also in excellent condition, is estimated at USD 7,000-USD 9,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ‘Housefull 3’ gang – Akshay Kumar, Riteish Deshmukh and Abhishek Bachchan – in ‘Taang Uthakey’ teaser
- Meet Tommy Singh aka Shahid Kapoor in 'Chitta Ve' from 'Udta Punjab'—Watch!
- Hrithik Roshan joins hand with transgender band for a cause
- Hrithik Roshan shares video where Katrina Kaif is singing! Watch it now
- Kesha legal battle: Singer releases her single post clash!