Elvis Presley`s sweat-stained jumpsuit goes under the hammer
Los Angeles: A white jumpsuit that Elvis Presley wore while performing in Las Vegas is going up for auction this week.
The King of Rock and Roll`s white costume, which is decorated with a large green and blue peacock across the front, has sweat patches, suggest reports.
The sweaty suit is part of a music memorabilia sale titled A Rock & Roll History: Presley to Punk hosted by Sotheby`s New York.
The auction will also include a red military-style jacket worn by Michael Jackson, Jimi Hendrix`s guitar strap that he wore at the 1969 Newport Pop Festival, John Lennon`s upright piano, Kurt Cobain`s smashed Univox guitar and Bob Dylan`s handwritten lyrics to `Like a Rolling Stone` among many other items.
The peacock jumpsuit is expected to fetch between USD 200,000 - USD 300,000. Two other articles of
Presley`s apparel are also up for auction, but estimated to go for much less.
The red button-down shirt that he wore during the 1964 MGM film Kissin` Cousins has an estimated price of USD 10,000 - USD 15,000, while a white wool jacket worn in concert in the early 1950s, also in excellent condition, is estimated at USD 7,000-USD 9,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Playing Sikh man in a serious film was tough: Vir Das
- Hansal Mehta reveals Rajkummar's look from 'Omerta' on his birthday
- Amitabh Bachchan to host 'Savdhaan India'
- Sonakshi Sinha will emerge as role model: Shatrughan Sinha
- Alia Bhatt to turn 'Dulhania' for Badrinath aka Varun Dhawan one more time! Picture blast
- Observed Ranbir's style to sing 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' song: Arijit Singh
- Watch: Baba Sehgal is breaking internet with his song on Donald Trump's presidential campaign
- Lady Gaga's song was Taapsee Pannu's inspiration for 'Pink'
- Will sing in 'Tubelight', rest depends on Salman: Arijit Singh
- Song alert! Riteish Deshmukh plays 'Banjo' to the tunes of 'Rada' out now!