Elvis Presley`s sweat-stained jumpsuit goes under the hammer
Los Angeles: A white jumpsuit that Elvis Presley wore while performing in Las Vegas is going up for auction this week.
The King of Rock and Roll`s white costume, which is decorated with a large green and blue peacock across the front, has sweat patches, suggest reports.
The sweaty suit is part of a music memorabilia sale titled A Rock & Roll History: Presley to Punk hosted by Sotheby`s New York.
The auction will also include a red military-style jacket worn by Michael Jackson, Jimi Hendrix`s guitar strap that he wore at the 1969 Newport Pop Festival, John Lennon`s upright piano, Kurt Cobain`s smashed Univox guitar and Bob Dylan`s handwritten lyrics to `Like a Rolling Stone` among many other items.
The peacock jumpsuit is expected to fetch between USD 200,000 - USD 300,000. Two other articles of
Presley`s apparel are also up for auction, but estimated to go for much less.
The red button-down shirt that he wore during the 1964 MGM film Kissin` Cousins has an estimated price of USD 10,000 - USD 15,000, while a white wool jacket worn in concert in the early 1950s, also in excellent condition, is estimated at USD 7,000-USD 9,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Adele uses throwback picture to promote new single 'When We Were Young'
- Zayn Malik's album release coincides with 'One Direction' exit-anniversary
- 'Neerja': Sonam Kapoor in 'Aankhen Milayenge Darr Se' will stir you—Watch video!
- Who lifted a song from Salman Khan's film?
- Priyanka Chopra's 'Exotic' gets 80 mn views!