Emeli Sande breaks `The Beatles` 50-year-old UK chart record with debut album
Washington: Emeli Sande created history by becoming the longest serving artists to have her debut album in the top ten of the UK album chart.
The 26-year-old singer`s debut album `Our Version of Events` featured in the top ten list for the 63rd week beating the previous record of `The Beatles` whose debut `Please, Please Me` was there in the top ten for 62 consecutive weeks, Contactmusic reported.
The Scottish recording artist, who performed at both the opening and closing ceremonies at the Olympics, kicked off a year of unprecedented success when her debut album was released last February, which saw her scoop up the best British female artist and best album awards at the BRITs as well as her Olympic performances.
In the mean time, she also claimed three No. 1 singles in the UK with `Read All About It` featuring Professor Green, `Next to Me,` and her collaboration with Labrinth, `Beneath Your Beautiful.`
The announcement of Sande`s achievements on April 29 provoked an overwhelmed response from her.
She said that it felt quite surreal to even have her name mentioned in the same sentence as ` The Beatles .`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ayushmann Khurrana rocks Seattle with his moonwalk, singing! Watch video
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Here's how Parineeti Chopra-Varun Dhawan rehearsed for 'Janemann Aah' from 'Dishoom' ! Watch video
- One Direction's Liam Payne ready to launch solo career
- Actors singing is a very good trend: Ayushmann Khurrana