Eminem demands USD 2 million for Super Bowl gig?
Los Angeles: Rapper Eminem reportedly demanded no less than than USD 2 million to perform at the Super Bowl.
The `Monster` rapper - real name Marshall Bruce Mathers - is believed to have been asked to play a concert at the NFL Owners Party during Super Bowl week in 2014, reported TMZ online.
He was going to play a set of his greatest hits for 1,500 guests, but organisers had to find somebody else to take his spot due to his pricey demands.
Representatives for the event also had Kanye West - who is engaged to reality TV star Kim Kardashian - in their sights, only to find that his fees were far also too high.
"For Kanye it was USD 1 million, plus a lot of other perks," a source said.
Organisers eventually secured `Tight Rope` singer Janelle Monae who will perform for USD 150,000.
The Super Bowl, annual championship game of the National Football League (NFL), is famous for having the world`s biggest stars perform at the half-time show, previously including Madonna, The Who, Prince and Beyonce.
The match, which will be held at the MetLife Stadium at the Meadowlands Sports Complex in East Rutherford, New Jersey, on February 2, 2014 - will be celebrated with a number of parties in New York City.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'—Celebrate heartbreak ala Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma in 'Channa Mereya' song! Watch now
- 'Rock On!! 2' band member Shraddha Kapoor aka Jiah releases her new single 'Tere Mere Dil'! Watch now
- Zayn Malik shares the reason for quitting One Direction
- VHP, Bajrang Dal seek cancellation of Pakistani singer Shafqat Amanat Ali's concert
- Treat for fans of Carnatic music on Vijayadashami in Dubai