Eric Clapton apologises for halting the concert
Los Angeles: Singer Eric Clapton has apologised for leaving the stage in the middle of his concert in Glasgow, Scotland.
The 69-year-old star cited a worsening technical problem for storming off the stage while he was performing song `Cocaine` in Glasgow last week, reportedly. "... We experienced a steadily worsening technical problem with the PA system that the band battled with throughout the show.
"But by the last song of the set it became unbearable on stage and Eric was unable to complete that number," read the statement by the musician`s team.
"The usual touring set length runs at 1 hour 35 minutes so in fact the full set was performed apart from the entirety of `Cocaine` which had to be curtailed. Eric is nevertheless sorry for the break in the concert," it said.
The singer reportedly looked frustrated due to the technical issues, stopped performing and left the stage. Apparently, he made a brief return to the stage to sing another song, but then walked off again.
Fans, who paid around 60 pounds for the show, got angry and vented their frustration on social media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arabic version of 'Zaalima' from 'Raees' will make you fall in love! - Watch
- Wiz Khalifa's sister dies at 32
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt's quirky antics steal the show in 'Aashiq Surrender Hua'
- Akshay Kumar happy with 'Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast' song in 'Machine'!
- Anushka Sharma’s ‘Phillauri’: ‘Whats up’ - first wedding song of this season – Watch