Eric Clapton plans retirement
London: Guitar legend Eric Clapton has revealed he is ready to retire from touring after more than 50 years on the road.
The 69-year-old British musician said travelling has become unbearable and he has concerns about his health, adding that he fears he could end up `embarrassing` himself, suggest reports.
Father-of-four Clapton, who also became a grandfather last year, claimed in addition that he has lost much of his love for touring because most countries are now a `different version of America`.
"There are tons of things I`d like to do but I`m looking at retirement too. I`m 70 next year. I think what I`ll allow myself to do, within reason, is carry on recording in the studio," Clapton said.
"I don`t want to go off the boil to the point where I`m embarrassing myself. The road has become unbearable. It`s unapproachable, because it takes so long to get anywhere - and it`s hostile," he added.
Clapton added that there could soon be a day when he is no longer able to play the guitar, saying, "Maybe. Physically, it might be that I can`t, if it hurts too much. I have odd ailments."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Superstar Rajinikanth requests fans not to celebrate his birthday
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Life lessons: 7 reasons why you should never give up!
- Sanjay Dutt to star in 'Bhoomi'! FIRST LOOK out
- Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Kapoor thank Gauri Khan for turning Ranbir's home into house!