Fatboy Slim musical opening in London
Los Angeles: David Byrne and Fatboy Slim`s musical `Here Lies Love` will open in London later this year.
The musical - which is based on the pair`s 2010 album of the same name - will premiere at the National Theatre in October, reportedly.
The production tells the life story of Filipino leader Imelda Marcos, and is described as a 360-degree "immersive" experience.
`Here Lies Love` originally opened at New York City`s Public Theatre in April 2013 and was later given numerous extensions, before closing to make way for a new production.
It returned to the venue for a second run, which began on May 1. Director Alex Timbers said that the London production will use an alternative cast, allowing the New York production to run as normal.
"We`ll reopen one of the National`s spaces. It used to be called the Cottesloe, and it`s going to be called the Dorfman now," he said.
`Here Lies Love` is set within a dance club atmosphere, allowing the audience to stand and move with the actors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Popularity of ghazals increasing, says Rekha Bhardwaj
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- Trailer out! 'Sunshine Music Tours and Travels' is the road trip every youth needs – Watch here
- Honoured to help create an image for Indian Railways: Ritu Beri
- United Nation's Global Citizen Festival: Priyanka Chopra talks about humanity and youth- READ
- Taylor Swift snubbed at MTV Video Music Awards nominations!
- Billboard 200 albums chart: Drake's 'Views' remains on top for 11th time
- Will Jennifer Lopez make tunes with Calvin Harris?
- Watch: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra’s desi swag will make you go crazy!
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci