Fest paying tribute to MJ on his 53rd birthday held at his hometown
London: Michael Jackson’s family held a four-day festival at the late singer’s hometown, Gary, Indiana, to celebrate his 53rd birthday.
Paris, 13, Prince, 14, and Blanket, nine, plus granddad Joe, 82, and grandma Katherine, 81, were the star attractions at the ‘JackoFest’, featuring music acts and a circus.
The Jackson clan also visited Mister Lucky’s Lounge, where a six-year-old Michael and his brothers first performed locally as the Jackson 5.
“We prepared them for their moment, right here. It was 1964 when they started playing here, they did five sets a night, six shows a week,” the Daily Star quoted Joe as saying.
Meanwhile, thousands of fans across the world paid tribute to Michael in their own style.
In San Francisco, the singer’s birthday was marked with a flash mob dancing to Thriller, and in the Indian city of Bangalore, fans took part in a mass Moonwalking dance event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alia Bhatt celebrates grandmother’s 88th birthday, gives us some relationship goals
- Brangelina split: We're a family and we'll always be a family, says Angelina Jolie
- Shahid Kapoor shares pre-birthday bash photo with Mira Rajput – See Pic
- Varun Dhawan – Ali Bhatt starrer ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’ brand new poster out!
- Saif Ali Khan confirms daughter Sara Ali Khan’s Bollywood debut
- Fortunate to get good songs: Arijit Singh
- Diljit, Badshah jamming for something new?
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt enchant us with their beautiful chemistry in ‘Humsafar’
- Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan singing 'Humsafar' song from 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania' is a must watch!
- Bollywood actors who have also inspired us by their singing