Fest paying tribute to MJ on his 53rd birthday held at his hometown
London: Michael Jackson’s family held a four-day festival at the late singer’s hometown, Gary, Indiana, to celebrate his 53rd birthday.
Paris, 13, Prince, 14, and Blanket, nine, plus granddad Joe, 82, and grandma Katherine, 81, were the star attractions at the ‘JackoFest’, featuring music acts and a circus.
The Jackson clan also visited Mister Lucky’s Lounge, where a six-year-old Michael and his brothers first performed locally as the Jackson 5.
“We prepared them for their moment, right here. It was 1964 when they started playing here, they did five sets a night, six shows a week,” the Daily Star quoted Joe as saying.
Meanwhile, thousands of fans across the world paid tribute to Michael in their own style.
In San Francisco, the singer’s birthday was marked with a flash mob dancing to Thriller, and in the Indian city of Bangalore, fans took part in a mass Moonwalking dance event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hilarious video alert! Akshay Kumar, Riteish Deshmukh play table tennis
- Bipasha Basu – Karan Singh Grover wedding: New photos of pretty bride and handsome groom
- ISKCON pins hopes on PM Narendra Modi for Krishna temple in Moscow
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kesha legal battle: Singer releases her single post clash!
- Watch: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Punjabi swag in 'Tung Luk' from 'Sarbjit' will win your heart
- Ghulam Ali, Pt Jasraj perform on Sankat Mochan Sangeet Samaroh
- Armaan Malik honoured with Dadasaheb Phalke award!
- 'Me and Mrs Jones' singer Billy Paul no more