First authorised Jimi Hendrix biopic in the works
An official Jimi Hendrix biopic is being developed by his estate in conjunction with ICM Partners.
It will be the first authorised film that focuses on the late rocker since previous attempts to tell his story on the big screen never materialised, reportedly.
A project once pitched in by Legendary Pictures fell apart, despite having a directing commitment from Oscar-nominated Paul Greengrass and a script written by Max Borenstein, due to disapproval from Experience Hendrix LLC. Anthony Mackie was initially poised to star in it.
The authorised project will feature Hendrix`s songs like `Foxey Lady`, `The Wind Cries Mary`, `Purple Haze`, `Voodoo Chile`, and `Crosstown Traffic`.
His sister, Janie Hendrix, who`s handling the annual all-star Experience Hendrix tribute tour, will be involved in the production.
"We`re delighted to be associated with ICM Partners on this project that`s been a long time coming," she said. "Our concern has always been that any biography of Jimi that employs his music be held to the very highest standard of cinematic excellence. His musical legacy deserves no less."
"Our partners at ICM are ideal as they completely understand that the use of his music in such a film is a monumental responsibility that will resonate through generations to come as Jimi`s artistry has since the 1960s," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Preity Zinta shares keys to happiness - Here’s more about it
- Jackie Chan greets Salman Khan in traditional India style – WATCH video
- Harshvardhan Kapoor expresses displeasure over Diljit Dosanjh's debut award win
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ and Roshans’ ‘Kaabil’ clash: My father is hurt, says Hrithik
- 'Coffee With D' movie review: Sunil Grover’s film is fun in a ditzy way
- Akshay Kumar turns a 'Jolly good fellow' in this new promotional music video!
- Shahid Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut's brilliant chemistry in 'Yeh Ishq Hai' song from 'Rangoon' is a must WATCH!
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aditya Roy Kapoor and Hrithik Roshan revisit evergreen hits – Here’s how
- David Guetta concert: Mumbai, Delhi gig rescheduled to January 15
- Musical tribute to Kaifi Azmi on 98th birth anniversary