Frozen becomes biggest-selling soundtrack since Mamma Mia!
London: Animated film `Frozen` has become the biggest-selling soundtrack album since `Mamma Mia!` in the UK.
The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack for the Disney film was certified Double Platinum this week, reportedly. `Frozen` is closing in on NOW 87 as the biggest-selling album of 2014 to date, with the film having already claimed the accolade for the highest-grossing animated film in history.
`Let It Go`, the lead song from the soundtrack, has spent 28 consecutive weeks in the Top 40 on the Official Singles Chart, and has now been certified Gold in the UK.
Six songs from the `Frozen` soundtrack are still in the Official Singles Chart. The Youtube video for the Idina Menzel-performed track from the film currently has over 270 million views, while Demi Lovato`s version of `Let It Go` sits at nearly 200 million views.
"When we first saw the movie it was evident that this had all the ingredients of a classic Disney musical soundtrack - lots of great original songs performed by strong characters, with a captivating storyline," Richard Hinkley, General Manager of Universal Music Catalogue, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attention Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol! Watch – Belly dancers give new twist to ‘Tujhe Dekha To Yeh Jana Sanam’
- Urvashi Rautela gives 'Resham Ka Rumaal' a sexy twist in 'Great Grand Masti' – Watch here
- 'Sultan' Salman Khan lends his majestic voice for the title track, impresses again! – Check out
- Zareen Khan, Ali Fazal to feature in T-Series music video
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma team up with India's first transgender band