Geri Halliwell`s emotional Olympic performance
London: Singer Geri Halliwell`s performance during the London Olympics closing ceremony was sweet and sad for her.
The 40-year-old`s late father`s birth anniversary fell on the same day, when they performed in London Aug 12.
"Sadly he died six months before the Spice Girls, when I was 21. So doing the Olympics on his birthday was so sweet and poignant for me," hellomagazine quoted Halliwell as saying.
"It was a wake-up call, dealing with that pain and loss, then turning it into drive," she added.
The Spice Girls reunited after four years to perform on their famous songs, "Wannabe" and "Spice up your life".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Rustom' trailer out: Bollywood in awe of Akshay Kumar!
- Kriti Sanon has mastered the 'lower-back' workout – This video is a proof!
- Saiyami Kher is fresh as a dewdrop: Shabana Azmi
- Salman Khan 'raped woman' remark: Varun Dhawan's reaction is the most quintessential one!
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show': Sufi musicians Wadali Brothers to grace the show
- Urvashi Rautela gives 'Resham Ka Rumaal' a sexy twist in 'Great Grand Masti' – Watch here
- 'Sultan' Salman Khan lends his majestic voice for the title track, impresses again! – Check out
- Zareen Khan, Ali Fazal to feature in T-Series music video
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma team up with India's first transgender band
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' sans songs? Details inside