Geri Halliwell to relaunch pop career
London: Former Spice Girl Geri Haliwell is relaunching her pop career with a comeback single which will be out next year.
The 38-year-old is also planning to launch her own record label and is working with girl group `Bel Amie, former participants of `X Factor`, reported Sun online.
But before that, she is set to enter the studio to work on her comeback single, which is thought to be a cover version of a classic track.
"She has been texting all of her friends, including Victoria and David Beckham, asking for their favourite tracks for her to record," said a source.
It will be Haliwell`s first release since 2005`s album `Passion`, which totally tanked.
Perhaps she`s hoping to capitalise on possible renewed interest in her and her former Girl Power exponents with the opening next year of `The Spice Girls Musical`.
With the working title Viva Forever, it`s being written by `Mamma Mia` helmers Judy Craymer and Jennifer Saunders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Trivedi's father passes away, friends Vishal-Shekhar step in for him at Bollywood Music Project
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'—Celebrate heartbreak ala Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma in 'Channa Mereya' song! Watch now
- 'Rock On!! 2' band member Shraddha Kapoor aka Jiah releases her new single 'Tere Mere Dil'! Watch now
- Zayn Malik shares the reason for quitting One Direction
- VHP, Bajrang Dal seek cancellation of Pakistani singer Shafqat Amanat Ali's concert