Girl band Danity Kane splits for second time
Los Angeles: Girl band Danity Kane has split for the second time following an internal fight.
The group comprising Aubrey O`Day, Aundrea Fimbres, Dawn Richard, Wanita D Woods Woodgett and Shannon Bex, was formed in 2005 and due to tensions among the members split in 2009, before reuniting last year.
This time Aubrey O`Day and Shannon Bex had a fight with third member Dawn Richard, which has led to the second split, suggest reports.
Richard is said to have discovered the other two members in a business meeting without her earlier this week, and is alleged to have punched O`Day in the back of the head.
"During a recent group meeting, a business conversation took a turn for the worst when my group member punched me in the back of my head while I was speaking to another associate," said O` Day.
"To be clear, she was not physically engaged or threatened prior to her attack on me. This is the same information I provided to the police, and witnesses also corroborated this account of the incident.
"I cannot condone or excuse any form of physical violence, particularly at the hands of someone I considered family. Disagreements happen. But a war of words and ideas should never end in physical aggression," she added.
Richard described the other band members` allegations as exaggerated lies and false accusations in a brief statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'A Wednesday' veterans Anupam Kher, Naseeruddin Shah spar over Kashmiri Pandits - Details inside
- Priyanka Chopra shares throwback pic of her nani on her 94th birthday! – View pic
- Nandita Das bats for rating system in certifying films
- Darshan Kumaar, Randeep Hooda and Vijender Singh showcase 'Jat power punch'! See pic
- Vidya Balan looks enchanting as Geeta Bali in 'Ekk Albela' poster! – View pic