Girls Aloud band calling it quits
London: Girls Aloud members have decided to call it quits and their sold-out arena tour will be their last gig. They have pocketed a million pounds of pay-off in the process.
Cheryl Cole, Sarah Harding, Nicola Roberts, Nadine Coyle and Kimberley Walsh made a pact last year to keep the big farewell secret.
The girls have a sold-out arena tour, starting next month, which will now become their big farewell - with all five members unanimous about burying the group for good, reports thesun.co.uk.
A source said: "The girls have known all along that this would be the last time they would all work together. At the press conference to announce the tour, they deliberately dodged questions about future plans because they did not want to spoil the excitement."
"They all felt it wasn`t right for them to be singing songs like `Love Machine` and performing the same way when they`re in their thirties.
"They all want to make this a way to bow out on a high and walk away for the next chapter in their lives without constant questions about when they will be getting back together," the source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Trivedi's father passes away, friends Vishal-Shekhar step in for him at Bollywood Music Project
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'—Celebrate heartbreak ala Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma in 'Channa Mereya' song! Watch now
- 'Rock On!! 2' band member Shraddha Kapoor aka Jiah releases her new single 'Tere Mere Dil'! Watch now
- Zayn Malik shares the reason for quitting One Direction
- VHP, Bajrang Dal seek cancellation of Pakistani singer Shafqat Amanat Ali's concert