Girls Aloud band calling it quits
London: Girls Aloud members have decided to call it quits and their sold-out arena tour will be their last gig. They have pocketed a million pounds of pay-off in the process.
Cheryl Cole, Sarah Harding, Nicola Roberts, Nadine Coyle and Kimberley Walsh made a pact last year to keep the big farewell secret.
The girls have a sold-out arena tour, starting next month, which will now become their big farewell - with all five members unanimous about burying the group for good, reports thesun.co.uk.
A source said: "The girls have known all along that this would be the last time they would all work together. At the press conference to announce the tour, they deliberately dodged questions about future plans because they did not want to spoil the excitement."
"They all felt it wasn`t right for them to be singing songs like `Love Machine` and performing the same way when they`re in their thirties.
"They all want to make this a way to bow out on a high and walk away for the next chapter in their lives without constant questions about when they will be getting back together," the source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pranavananda Swami files complaint against Kamal Hassan over remarks on Mahabharata
- Jennifer Lopez goes on romantic date with Alex Rodriguez
- It's a talent how Shah Rukh, Salman handle stardom: Anushka Sharma
- 'Pad Man' to raise awareness about sanitary hygiene: Twinkle Khanna
- Amber Heard reveals coming out as bisexual was difficult
- Vidya Balan's 'Begum Jaan': 'Prem Mein Tohre' by Asha Bhosle highlights Anu Malik's musical brilliance
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!
- Noor: Sonakshi Sinha lets her hair down, teases video of song 'Gulabi 2.0'
- Every film with AR Rahman is special journey, says Mani Ratnam