Glastonbury was a no-brainer: Metallica
London: Heavy metal band Metallica say deciding to headline Glastonbury was a `no-brainer`.
The heavy metal band have been confirmed as the third and final festival headliner, joining Kasabian and Arcade Fire on Worthy Farm`s Pyramid Stage, and claim they jumped at the chance to close the line-up on June 28, reportedly.
"To be honest with you, we didn`t sit around and have a big conversation when the call came. In Metallica we have a saying called a `no-brainer`. Headlining Glastonbury is a no-brainer. We didn`t need to sit around thinking about the pros and cons," drummer Lars Ulrich said.
The group are the first metal band to ever headline the festival in its 44-year history and fans have had mixed reactions to the announcement.
"Glastonbury is probably the only festival that could have Beyonce headline one year and Metallica," a fan wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alia my inspiration for doing 'Shaandaar': Shahid
- Raksha Bandhan: The crazy video by Akshay Kumar with sister will leave you in splits!
- Alia Bhatt will never make 'first move' in relationships
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Newlyweds Shahid-Mira make fashion debut at Masaba's LFW show