Glastonbury was a no-brainer: Metallica
London: Heavy metal band Metallica say deciding to headline Glastonbury was a `no-brainer`.
The heavy metal band have been confirmed as the third and final festival headliner, joining Kasabian and Arcade Fire on Worthy Farm`s Pyramid Stage, and claim they jumped at the chance to close the line-up on June 28, reportedly.
"To be honest with you, we didn`t sit around and have a big conversation when the call came. In Metallica we have a saying called a `no-brainer`. Headlining Glastonbury is a no-brainer. We didn`t need to sit around thinking about the pros and cons," drummer Lars Ulrich said.
The group are the first metal band to ever headline the festival in its 44-year history and fans have had mixed reactions to the announcement.
"Glastonbury is probably the only festival that could have Beyonce headline one year and Metallica," a fan wrote.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Preity Zinta denies marriage rumours
- Film festivals look down upon 'massy' films: Farah Khan
- Sawan Kumar plans legal action against makers of new 'Souten'
- I would get tongue-tied if I had to style Amitabh Bachchan: Pria Kataria
- Spirituality: Pray to lord Shani dev for protecting you against all odds!