Grandma`s death inspired Pixie Lott`s new album
Los Angeles: British singer Pixie Lott says her grandmother`s death inspired her upcoming album.
Her grandmother Amelia passed away in 2012, just as Lott was heading into the studio to begin work on the record, reports contactmusic.com.
Amelia was suffering from Alzheimer`s disease, which meant she often did not know who the singer was in her final months.
Lott called a temporary halt to recording the album to deal with the death and came back to write several personal tracks about her dark time.
"It`s definitely the lowest point of my life so far. I`ve never had to deal with the loss of someone so close. It`s sad. Alzheimer`s meant she wasn`t the same person she had been but I try to remember her for the person she was and I hope there`s also a positive message in there,” she said.
Lott`s third self-titled album is due for release later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Rustom' trailer out: Bollywood in awe of Akshay Kumar!
- Kriti Sanon has mastered the 'lower-back' workout – This video is a proof!
- Saiyami Kher is fresh as a dewdrop: Shabana Azmi
- Salman Khan 'raped woman' remark: Varun Dhawan's reaction is the most quintessential one!
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show': Sufi musicians Wadali Brothers to grace the show
- Urvashi Rautela gives 'Resham Ka Rumaal' a sexy twist in 'Great Grand Masti' – Watch here
- 'Sultan' Salman Khan lends his majestic voice for the title track, impresses again! – Check out
- Zareen Khan, Ali Fazal to feature in T-Series music video
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma team up with India's first transgender band
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' sans songs? Details inside