Grandma`s death inspired Pixie Lott`s new album
Los Angeles: British singer Pixie Lott says her grandmother`s death inspired her upcoming album.
Her grandmother Amelia passed away in 2012, just as Lott was heading into the studio to begin work on the record, reports contactmusic.com.
Amelia was suffering from Alzheimer`s disease, which meant she often did not know who the singer was in her final months.
Lott called a temporary halt to recording the album to deal with the death and came back to write several personal tracks about her dark time.
"It`s definitely the lowest point of my life so far. I`ve never had to deal with the loss of someone so close. It`s sad. Alzheimer`s meant she wasn`t the same person she had been but I try to remember her for the person she was and I hope there`s also a positive message in there,” she said.
Lott`s third self-titled album is due for release later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Have you seen what Shraddha Kapoor does when free? Pics inside
- All you want to know about Salman Khan-Arijit Singh feud! – Details inside
- Super-hot! Sussane Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue
- This packing hack is just awesome! Watch video
- Sonam Kapoor with Shah Rukh Khan in a film? Here's what the diva has to say!
- Music companies give commercial songs to their artists: Sonu Nigam
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Sonu Nigam's new song 'Crazy Dil' has got the cutest surprise appearance ever – Watch to know
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Kesha gets standing ovation after Billboard Awards performance