Grandma`s death inspired Pixie Lott`s new album
Los Angeles: British singer Pixie Lott says her grandmother`s death inspired her upcoming album.
Her grandmother Amelia passed away in 2012, just as Lott was heading into the studio to begin work on the record, reports contactmusic.com.
Amelia was suffering from Alzheimer`s disease, which meant she often did not know who the singer was in her final months.
Lott called a temporary halt to recording the album to deal with the death and came back to write several personal tracks about her dark time.
"It`s definitely the lowest point of my life so far. I`ve never had to deal with the loss of someone so close. It`s sad. Alzheimer`s meant she wasn`t the same person she had been but I try to remember her for the person she was and I hope there`s also a positive message in there,” she said.
Lott`s third self-titled album is due for release later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Wiz Khalifa's sister dies at 32
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt's quirky antics steal the show in 'Aashiq Surrender Hua'
- Akshay Kumar happy with 'Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast' song in 'Machine'!
- Anushka Sharma’s ‘Phillauri’: ‘Whats up’ - first wedding song of this season – Watch
- Maluma to donate Vina del Mar fest paycheque to fire victims