Grandma`s death inspired Pixie Lott`s new album
Los Angeles: British singer Pixie Lott says her grandmother`s death inspired her upcoming album.
Her grandmother Amelia passed away in 2012, just as Lott was heading into the studio to begin work on the record, reports contactmusic.com.
Amelia was suffering from Alzheimer`s disease, which meant she often did not know who the singer was in her final months.
Lott called a temporary halt to recording the album to deal with the death and came back to write several personal tracks about her dark time.
"It`s definitely the lowest point of my life so far. I`ve never had to deal with the loss of someone so close. It`s sad. Alzheimer`s meant she wasn`t the same person she had been but I try to remember her for the person she was and I hope there`s also a positive message in there,” she said.
Lott`s third self-titled album is due for release later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oops! Kapil Sharma's show to clash with Krushna Abhishek's 'Comedy Nights Live'?
- Sanam Re movie review: Amateurish romantic mishmash
- See in pic: Mahesh Bhatt shares sneak peak from 'Raaz 4'!
- 'Thor' Chris Hemsworth's crazy visit to India with wife Elsa Pataky! – See pics
- Dia Mirza hails Sonam Kapoor's 'Neerja'!