Green Day to return onstage on March 15
Los Angeles: Pop rock band Green Day has announced that they would make their South By SouthWest debut on March 15 in Austin, two weeks before their own tour.
It will be their first live show since their short break following frontman Billie Joe Armstrong`s rehab last fall, which caused them to postpone their tour dates for 2012 and early 2013, reported Ace Showbiz.
During the festival, the band will also screen their two documentaries at the Paramount Theatre. It will be the world premiere of "Broadway Idiot" which chronicles the adaptation of their album ‘American Idiot’ and ‘Cuatro!’, which tracks the making of Green Day`s recent ‘Uno!’, ‘Dos!’ and ‘Tre!’ albums.
After the special double-feature, Armstrong, bassist and backing vocalist Mike Dirnt, drummer Tre Cool as well as guitarist and backing vocalist Jason White will troop to the Moody Theatre to perform an Austin City Limits Live show.
It will be their first onstage performance prior to resuming their tour on March 28 in Chicago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Court dismisses complaint against AjayDevgn over 'Shivaay' song
- Brad Pitt child abuse case: Investigation extends due to new accusation
- Awwdorable: Kushal Tandon, Gauahar Khan's Twitter conversation is too cute to miss
- Arjun Bijlani's 'Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil' shoot stalled by Shah Rukh Khan fans
- Looking forward to bring 'Battle for Bittora' on screen, says Sonam Kapoor