Guns N’ Roses to release 3D concert film
London: Guns N’ Roses have followed fellow rockers U2 and Metallica and popstar Katy Perry by announcing a 3D concert film of a show from their 12-night residency in Las Vegas last year.
A release has been promised in theatres, on TV and DVD later this year, via an official Facebook page.
Appetite for Democracy is being captured by 3D company Rock Fuel Media, the BBC reported.
“It doesn’t quite feel like being at the concert but it does feel like the next best thing,” Screen Daily editor Wendy Mitchell said of the 3D format.
She said that it brings so much more to a concert film to have that third dimension.
It goes from being something we’ve all seen and experienced a lot, to an event, an experience, especially when you’re going to the cinema to see it, she said.
Mitchell said it seems like a natural progression for Axl Rose and his bandmates to put out a 3D film, after 27 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali to compose music for 'Padmavati'
- Janmashtami special—Celebrate Krishna's birth with these top 5 Bollywood tracks!
- Shraddha Kapoor sought to judge music reality TV show?
- Wedding SONG of the year 'Nachde Ne Saare' has Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra dance to glory! Watch
- Song alert! 'Besabriyaan' from Sushant Singh Rajput's 'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story' OUT—Watch