Harry Styles hit in the crotch by fan-flung shoe during gig
Melbourne: An over-excited fan got so carried away at seeing the One Direction boys on stage that she hurled her shoe at Harry Styles, hitting him right in his private area.
The band was on stage answering questions during their `Take Me Home` tour in Glasgow on Tuesday night.
The first shoe was flung on stage seconds earlier, missing the singers, but the second shoe made direct contact with Harry`s nether regions, News.com.au reported.
The 19-year-old heart-throb bucked in pain and instantly fell to the stage clutching his groin as his band mates rushed to his aid.
"I`m scared of shoes", one joked after checking that Harry was OK, while another can be heard shouting "man down".
Determined not to let the rogue shoe-thrower have the last laugh, Styles eventually stands back up and performs a few exaggerated lunges around the stage - much to the delight of his screaming fans - before carrying on with the show.
The shoe -hurling bandit has since been identified as a female high schooler named Jade after her mother called the local radio show to own up to what her daughter did.
"I just wanted him to touch something belonging to me," Jade, 14, told the Daily Record.
"I didn`t mean to hit him where I hit him, I`m really embarrassed," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VHP, Bajrang Dal seek cancellation of Pakistani singer Shafqat Amanat Ali's concert
- Treat for fans of Carnatic music on Vijayadashami in Dubai
- Birthday special: Top 10 Lata Mangeshkar's compositions that will make you fall in love again!
- Uttam Singh named for Maharashtra's 'Lata Mangeshkar Award'!
- Alive Indians band to dedicate performance to Uri attack victims