Harry Styles to take up ballet?
Los Angeles: One Direction band member Harry Styles wants to perfect his performance skills, and so, he has plans to emulate The Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger by taking up ballet lessons.
Jagger is going to turn 70, but it is thanks his intense fitness regime has kept him fit and going.
Styles got chatting to Torje Eike, Jagger`s long-standing trainer and physio at the Stones` show in Washington last month. That`s when he thought of taking up ballet, reports thesun.co.uk.
"Harry wants a career spanning decades like Mick`s and to have that he recognises that fitness, health and developing his body is the key. He spoke to Torje about Jagger`s intense routine of kick-boxing, running, weights and, most importantly, ballet," said a source.
"That`s the Achilles` heel in Harry`s training. He can`t dance and neither can any of the 1D boys - their choreographer recognised early on that they shouldn`t dance on stage," the source added.
Ever since One Direction appeared on ‘The X Factor’ in 2010, it has been clear that dancing is not their cup of tea.
The boys are already indulging in a fitness regime while away on tour, working with personal trainer Mark Jarvis doing cardio, hitting the weights and using state-of-the-art gym equipment.
But Jarvis` boss Ramzy Khachik advises learning to be more graceful will be good for the band.
"Nobody works harder than ballet dancers. It`s all about grace, stance and strength.
Harry sees how supple Mick is, how he manages to stretch his body and do contortions.
"It`s a brilliant art form and will get more grace into his movements - if you`re graceful you can get away with minimalistic moves, which is what their choreography is about," said a source.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Adult film actress Jessica Drake accuses Donald Trump of sexual misconduct
- Happy that protests against Karan Johar's movie are over: Madhur Bhandarkar on 'ADHM' row
- Children helping Angelina Jolie to rethink divorce tactics from Brad Pitt
- Here's how to get glowing skin this Diwali
- Shabana Azmi slammed Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis—Here's why
- Classical musicians are not entertainers: Amjad Ali Khan
- Taylor Swift to perform at Formula One concert!
- Arijit Singh's 'Nashe Si Chadh Gayi' from Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer 'Befikre' will leave you tripping
- 'Enormous market for music in India'
- Shah Rukh Khan is our favourite, says British pop rock band 'The Vamps'