I felt insecure about singing: Jennifer Lopez
London: Singer-actress Jennifer Lopez has admitted that she used to feel insecure about her singing capabilities.
The 44-year-old `Live It Up` singer said that it was only after having her children that she began to feel comfortable with her talent, reported Digital Spy.
"It was after I had kids to be honest. The biggest insecurity I had was my singing. Even though I had sold 70 million records, there was this feeling like, I`m not good at this," she said.
Lopez, who has 5-year-old twins Max and Emme with former husband Marc Anthony, continued, "And while I was married to Marc, he helped me get over it. He kept telling me, `You`re the only one holding yourself back from reaching your full potential as a singer. You have to let go`.
"I was always so insecure and just kind of going along. Then I grew, little by little, and realised, wait a minute, this is not a fluke. I`m not a mistake? I work my ass off. And I know what I`m doing."
The `American Idol` judge is currently dating 26-year-old Casper Smart.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor keen to shoot more films in Meghalaya
- Tiger Shroff starrer 'A Flying Jatt' sequel on cards?
- Amazon Prime Video India partners with Vishesh Films
- Akshay Kumar's 'Gold' based on India's first olympic medal
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 694: Abhi saves Pragya yet again from getting killed
- Classical musicians are not entertainers: Amjad Ali Khan
- Taylor Swift to perform at Formula One concert!
- Arijit Singh's 'Nashe Si Chadh Gayi' from Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer 'Befikre' will leave you tripping
- 'Enormous market for music in India'
- Shah Rukh Khan is our favourite, says British pop rock band 'The Vamps'