I started writing songs because I had no friends: Taylor Swift
London: Singer Taylor Swift says she turned to music for comfort because she had no friends in school.
The `We are never ever` hitmaker, who has found global stardom for her talent in singing, said that her classmates left her isolated because they thought she was "weird and different", reported Sun online.
"When you`re dealing with something like loneliness or confusion or rejection or frustration, those emotions are so jumbled up in your head.
"For me, the only way to condense them down into one thing is to write a three-and-a-half minute song about it. I first started writing songs because I didn`t really have anyone else to talk to. As sad as that sounds, I was going through this really hard time at school where I didn`t have any friends. Songwriting for me just started out as therapy," she said.
Swift, 23, said she still uses her lyrics to vent her emotions including about ex-boyfriends.
"Choosing to let your fans into your life is a good thing because it connects you to your fans forever. Unfortunately, when you let your fans into your life through your lyrics, you`re also letting everyone else into your life. For me it`s never been something that I`ve ever regretted," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- It's out! Kangana, Shahid and Saif Ali Khan's 'Rangoon' release date set!
- Watch: Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast' teaser trailer will leave you wanting more
- New `Phobia` poster will blow your mind!
- Rishi Kapoor 'thrilled' about 'shauchalaya' named after him
- Sachin Tendulkar biopic most awaited film of year: AR Rahman
- Sonu Nigam's new song 'Crazy Dil' has got the cutest surprise appearance ever – Watch to know
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Kesha gets standing ovation after Billboard Awards performance
- Adele’s new song 'Send My Love' is so psychedelic that you'll break your replay button – Watch here
- Celine Dion dedicates Billboard Icon Award to late husband