Jesse and Joy crown successful year with Grammy nomination
Miami: Mexican duo Jesse and Joy have added one more success to a fruitful year of international recognition by being nominated for a Grammy Award in the Best Latino Pop category for their album "Con quien se queda el perro?"
The siblings are competing in the category with Guatemalan singer-songwriter Ricardo Arjona ("Independiente"), Puerto Rico`s Kany Garcia ("Kany Garcia") and Colombians Juanes ("MTV Unplugged Deluxe Edition") and Fonseca ("Ilusion").
The nominations for the prize bestowed by the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences were announced Wednesday evening in Los Angeles.
This year, Jesse and Joy already walked away with five Latino Grammys at the Nov 15 awards ceremony in Las Vegas and that same week it was also announced that they were nominated in five categories for Premio Lo Nuestro awards, which are given out by the Hispanic television network Univision.
The performers of "Corre!", "La de la mala suerte" and "Me voy" are continuing their international tour in Mexico and soon will give concerts in Latin America, the US and Spain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajay Devgn and Erika Kaar's romance in 'Darkhaast' is pure magic! Watch 'Shivaay' song here
- Palak Muchhal excited to collaborate with Atif Aslam
- Pandit Ravi Shankar's opera to get UK premiere in 2017
- Adele dedicates concert to Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie
- Ajay Devgn and Erika Kaar's 'Darkhaast' TEASER from 'Shivaay' makes us want to hear FULL SONG asap!