John Legend accused of stealing song
New York: R&B star John Legend has been accused by songwriter Anthony Stokes of ripping off his demo song.
In a lawsuit filed in New Jersey, Stokes stated that he gave the tape to Legend in 2004 after a concert. The 32-year-old promised to listen to the song, but never got back to Stokes, reports Tmz.com.
The songwriter, however, insists that the track called "Maxine`s Interlude", released in 2006, is a little too similar to his song "Where Are You Now?", which was on the demo.
He now is demanding unspecified damages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s boxing session with ‘little goons’ is the cutest thing you will WATCH today
- Kapil Sharma forced to cancel shoot after boycott by team, Bollywood celebs?
- Phillauri movie tweet review
- Shah Rukh Khan’s latest Twitter video of Turkish ice cream vendor and his ‘Gerua’ tricks, is the best thing you will WATCH today!
- Fight on flight: Kapil Sharma’s rumoured former girlfriend breaks her silence on his fight with Sunil Grover
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!
- Noor: Sonakshi Sinha lets her hair down, teases video of song 'Gulabi 2.0'
- Every film with AR Rahman is special journey, says Mani Ratnam
- Notice sent to SP Balasubrahmanyam for performing Ilayairaaja's composition