John Legend accused of stealing song
New York: R&B star John Legend has been accused by songwriter Anthony Stokes of ripping off his demo song.
In a lawsuit filed in New Jersey, Stokes stated that he gave the tape to Legend in 2004 after a concert. The 32-year-old promised to listen to the song, but never got back to Stokes, reports Tmz.com.
The songwriter, however, insists that the track called "Maxine`s Interlude", released in 2006, is a little too similar to his song "Where Are You Now?", which was on the demo.
He now is demanding unspecified damages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lady Gaga's song was Taapsee Pannu's inspiration for 'Pink'
- Will sing in 'Tubelight', rest depends on Salman: Arijit Singh
- Song alert! Riteish Deshmukh plays 'Banjo' to the tunes of 'Rada' out now!
- Beyonce dominates MTV Video Music Awards 2016
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'