Julian Lennon spent 10 years working on album
London: The Beatles` legend John Lennon`s son Julian worked on his latest album for ten years to ensure that it is flawless.
The 50-year-old musician`s last album was in 2001 and he spent a long time in the studio perfecting the tracks on his latest `Everything Changes`, reported Contactmusic.
"This album has been written over 10 years. I consider writing, singing and producing a creative endeavour, not a commercial one. Getting it right is more important to me," Lennon said.
"It sort of emerges. You think of a song and then start by putting it down over a cup of tea. Musicians pop by and then it takes on its own life," he added.
Lennon thinks that he has succeded in creating an independent identity.
"There are diehard Beatles and John Lennon fans who think I have done a phenomenal job - written or sung equally brilliant songs," he said.
"Even (Beatles producer) George Martin said if I wasn`t John Lennon`s son I`d be far better acknowledged. Half the fans love me and the other half won`t give me the time of day. People get locked into their opinions. I do try to understand but at some point I have to let go," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistani artiste controversy: Producers thank cinema owners for backing 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release
- No one can make remake of magnum opus 'Mughal-e-Azam', says Randhir Kapoor
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan talks about her relationship with Ranbir Kapoor in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
- Veteran Punjabi actor Mehar Mittal passes away
- Asking money for casting Pakistani actors is extortion, says Ashoke Pandit on 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'