Julian Lennon spent 10 years working on album
London: The Beatles` legend John Lennon`s son Julian worked on his latest album for ten years to ensure that it is flawless.
The 50-year-old musician`s last album was in 2001 and he spent a long time in the studio perfecting the tracks on his latest `Everything Changes`, reported Contactmusic.
"This album has been written over 10 years. I consider writing, singing and producing a creative endeavour, not a commercial one. Getting it right is more important to me," Lennon said.
"It sort of emerges. You think of a song and then start by putting it down over a cup of tea. Musicians pop by and then it takes on its own life," he added.
Lennon thinks that he has succeded in creating an independent identity.
"There are diehard Beatles and John Lennon fans who think I have done a phenomenal job - written or sung equally brilliant songs," he said.
"Even (Beatles producer) George Martin said if I wasn`t John Lennon`s son I`d be far better acknowledged. Half the fans love me and the other half won`t give me the time of day. People get locked into their opinions. I do try to understand but at some point I have to let go," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jolly LLB 2 box office collections: Akshay Kumar's impressive act crosses Rs 100 cr!
- Disha Patani gets trolled for wearing 'revealing' dress, posts befitting response!
- Kajol's 'anniversary' selfie with hubby Ajay Devgn is adorable!
- Priyanka Chopra's birthday wish for Sanjay Leela Bhansali is too cute to miss!
- Rangoon movie review: Kangana Ranaut as Miss Julia is 'bloody hell'; Shahid Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan's tussle in love stays with you!