Julio Iglesias to release new album
Miami: Julio Iglesias will release a new album gathering the biggest hits from his 45-year career, saying that he has "travelled through life, singing with everyone and learning from everyone".
"I`ve traveled through life," said the artist calmly, adding that he had sung about human concerns. "It doesn`t bother me if I`ve sung them well or badly; I (interpreted) them and I sang them," he said, adding that "the negative part of my life, the criticism, the intrigues - I`ve overcome them".
Thus did the 69-year-old artist summarize his career as one of the 10 best-selling singers in history in an interview with EFE last February in Miami with an eye toward the release Tuesday of his first album since 2006.
"I`m living happily here," he said before traveling to Asia, where he is currently on tour to promote "1- Greatest Hits," which hits the market with recently-recorded versions of some of his most popular numbers.
Overall, Iglesias holds the Guinness record for the Latino artist who has sold the most albums worldwide.
The double album contains 37 songs in Spanish, English, French, Italian and Portuguese, including duos with music greats like Willie Nelson, Sting, Diana Ross, Frank Sinatra, Dolly Parton, Stevie Wonder and Art Garfunkel, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alive Indians band to dedicate performance to Uri attack victims
- Banning artistes gives victory to terrorists: Pakistani musician
- Musical tribute to Jagjit Singh by 'Tum Bin 2' makers
- Watch: Diljit Dosanjh's 'Do You Know' is so addictive you will play it on loop
- Ajay Devgn and Erika Kaar's romance in 'Darkhaast' is pure magic! Watch 'Shivaay' song here