Kanye West asked to release album under pseudonym
Los Angeles: Kanye West was urged to release his 2008 album `808s & Heartbreak` under a different name, but the rapper says he had refused.
The record marked a musical departure for the star as many of its tracks featured West singing instead of rapping. The 'Stronger' hitmaker admits the move worried his record label bosses, and so he was even asked to release the disc using a pseudonym.
"People asked me to change my name for that album,” contactmusic.com quoted the 36-year-old as saying.
Asked whether record label executives were behind the request, he replies: "Yeah, different people. They said, `Do it under a different name.`"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss season 10: Salman Khan blasts Swami Om; Sahil Anand evicted!
- Check out these 10 essential fashion life hacks that everyone should know!
- Here's how Aamir Khan plans to surprise Kiran Rao on their 11th wedding anniversary!
- Shah Rukh Khan aka Miyan Bhai's dialoguebaazi from 'Raees' takes excitement up a notch!
- Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan to recreate 'Tamma Tamma' magic in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'!
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Aamir Khan’s ‘Dangal’ title track out and it’s awesome!
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil Hoon Main' song will make you fall in love all over again!
- Hrithik Roshan's new song 'Kaabil Hoon Main' is soft and soothing!
- Aamir Khan has something to say about ‘Dangal’ title track – Watch