Kanye West asked to release album under pseudonym
Los Angeles: Kanye West was urged to release his 2008 album `808s & Heartbreak` under a different name, but the rapper says he had refused.
The record marked a musical departure for the star as many of its tracks featured West singing instead of rapping. The 'Stronger' hitmaker admits the move worried his record label bosses, and so he was even asked to release the disc using a pseudonym.
"People asked me to change my name for that album,” contactmusic.com quoted the 36-year-old as saying.
Asked whether record label executives were behind the request, he replies: "Yeah, different people. They said, `Do it under a different name.`"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bruno Mars to perform at super bowl
- Adele uses throwback picture to promote new single 'When We Were Young'
- Zayn Malik's album release coincides with 'One Direction' exit-anniversary
- 'Neerja': Sonam Kapoor in 'Aankhen Milayenge Darr Se' will stir you—Watch video!
- Who lifted a song from Salman Khan's film?