Kanye West asked to release album under pseudonym
Los Angeles: Kanye West was urged to release his 2008 album `808s & Heartbreak` under a different name, but the rapper says he had refused.
The record marked a musical departure for the star as many of its tracks featured West singing instead of rapping. The 'Stronger' hitmaker admits the move worried his record label bosses, and so he was even asked to release the disc using a pseudonym.
"People asked me to change my name for that album,” contactmusic.com quoted the 36-year-old as saying.
Asked whether record label executives were behind the request, he replies: "Yeah, different people. They said, `Do it under a different name.`"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'San Andreas' built to entertain, not traumatise: Director
- Azealia Banks to star in 'Coco'
- Look cool in denim during summer
- 'Amy' to premiere at Edinburgh Film Festival
- Piers Morgan returns to 'America's Got Talent' as guest
- Would love to work with Irrfan again: 'The Lunchbox' director
- Short films are stepping stone for any filmmaker: Vikas Bahl
- Kanye West almost killed while hiking
- No point in fighting ageing, says George Clooney
- Alia Bhatt turns vegetarian!
- 'San Andreas' to release in Hindi and English on May 29
- Taapsee Pannu to don khaki in Selvaraghavan's 'Kaan'
- 'Baahubali' trailer to launch in Dolby Atmos sound
- Miss India UAE Nivetha debuts in 'Oru Naal Koothu'
- 'Gour Hari Dastaan' to release on August 14
- Don't have time for Bollywood: Venkat Prabhu
- Anjali is Balakrishna's heroine in 'Dictator'
- 'Legend' success cemented my career in Telugu filmdom: Sonal Chauhan
- Pawan Kalyan sports bearded look for 'Gabbar Singh 2'
- Suriya pushed me towards excellence: Venkat Prabhu
- Dhanush, Vetrimaaran team up for third time
- Retrospective pays tribute to Rabindranath Tagore
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow