Katy Perry`s `Dark Horse` video edited
London: The video for Katy Perry`s track `Dark Horse` has been edited following claims from some Muslims it was blasphemous.
More than 65,000 people signed a petition which stated the clip - featuring a pendant with the Arabic word for God on it being reduced to sand - was offensive, reportedly.
The music video has not been cut, but the pendant has now been digitally "scrubbed" out of the scene.
Petition instigator Shazad Iqbal, said he was "thrilled" with the outcome.
"The name of Allah has been removed from the Dark Horse video - we couldn`t have done it without everyone`s support so I thank each and every one of you deeply, our voices have been heard," he wrote on Change.Org.
"I feel that the impact we have made and the total number of signatures obtained does convey just how worthy a cause this is, it is a significant step towards the right direction," he added.
It is unclear whether YouTube made the change or if it was instructed to by Perry`s record company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Bikini pictures of ‘DJ Wale Babu’ sensation Natasa Stankovic will make your heart skip a beat!
- Guess who? THIS Hollywood celebrity wants to do a film with Shah Rukh Khan
- Sonam Kapoor's look in next film mix of high-end fashion, ethnic