Katy Perry`s `Dark Horse` video edited
London: The video for Katy Perry`s track `Dark Horse` has been edited following claims from some Muslims it was blasphemous.
More than 65,000 people signed a petition which stated the clip - featuring a pendant with the Arabic word for God on it being reduced to sand - was offensive, reportedly.
The music video has not been cut, but the pendant has now been digitally "scrubbed" out of the scene.
Petition instigator Shazad Iqbal, said he was "thrilled" with the outcome.
"The name of Allah has been removed from the Dark Horse video - we couldn`t have done it without everyone`s support so I thank each and every one of you deeply, our voices have been heard," he wrote on Change.Org.
"I feel that the impact we have made and the total number of signatures obtained does convey just how worthy a cause this is, it is a significant step towards the right direction," he added.
It is unclear whether YouTube made the change or if it was instructed to by Perry`s record company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ellen Degeneres makes history at People's Choice Awards 2017! Check out the winners list
- Shah Rukh Khan in Sahir Ludhianvi biopic by Sanjay Leela Bhansali? Here's what you should know
- Akshay Kumar turns a 'Jolly good fellow' in this new promotional music video!
- These famous SHABADS of Guru Gobind Singh Ji will inspire you to never give up in life!
- Micromax honcho Rahul Sharma wishes 'happy anniversary' to wifey Asin Thottumkal in total Bollywood style!