Kesha to be honoured by Humane Society
London: Pop star Kesha is to be honoured for her animal advocacy work by The Humane Society of the United States.
The `Tik Tok` hitmaker, who became the organisation`s first Global Ambassador last year, has always been vocal about animal rights issues, reported Daily Star.
And now the 25-year-old will receive the prestigious Wyler Award during the Genesis Awards Benefit Gala on March 23 for her tireless efforts to bring about change.
"It means so much to me to be recognised by The Humane Society of the United States because advocating for animals is second nature to me.
"My affinity with animals and the natural world inspires me and my music. I don`t understand how anyone can justify abusing or exploiting animals, and as long as it continues, I intend to keep talking about it," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aditya Roy Kapoor and Hrithik Roshan revisit evergreen hits – Here’s how
- David Guetta concert: Mumbai, Delhi gig rescheduled to January 15
- Musical tribute to Kaifi Azmi on 98th birth anniversary
- David Guetta's Mumbai concert cancelled – Here's why
- Hrithik Roshan and Yami Gautam's chemistry spills love all over in 'Kisi Se Pyar Ho Jaye' from 'Kaabil'