Kirk Hammett, Katy Perry to feature in a song
Los Angeles: Metallica`s Kirk Hammett, Katy Perry and Mark Mothersbaugh of Devo will all be coming together for an album that features a 110-year-old song.
Titled `The Gay Nineties Old Tyme Music: Daisy Bell`, the album will cover 19th century hit `Daisy Bell (Bicycle Built for Two)` featuring these artists along with Danny Elfman and Nick Cave among others, according to a leading daily.
The recordings came as part of an exhibition by pop art painter Mark Ryden.
Penned in 1892 by English songwriter Harry Dacre, `Daisy Bell` reached popularity through live performances by Katie Lawrence and Jennie Lindsay.
Other artists featuring in the album include, Tyler the Creator, Weird Al Yankovic, and Stan Ridgeway of Wall of Voodoo.
The album is limited to 999 copies, all hand-numbered and signed by Ryden. Half of the records will be sold at the gallery when the show opens and half will be sold on the artist`s website, beginning May 13.
A spokesperson for the gallery said that they anticipate the albums will sell out in "about five minutes."
The proceeds from the sale will be donated for music education among underprivileged children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Adult film actress Jessica Drake accuses Donald Trump of sexual misconduct
- Happy that protests against Karan Johar's movie are over: Madhur Bhandarkar on 'ADHM' row
- Children helping Angelina Jolie to rethink divorce tactics from Brad Pitt
- Here's how to get glowing skin this Diwali
- Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis—Here's why
- Classical musicians are not entertainers: Amjad Ali Khan
- Taylor Swift to perform at Formula One concert!
- Arijit Singh's 'Nashe Si Chadh Gayi' from Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer 'Befikre' will leave you tripping
- 'Enormous market for music in India'
- Shah Rukh Khan is our favourite, says British pop rock band 'The Vamps'