Kirk Hammett, Katy Perry to feature in a song
Los Angeles: Metallica`s Kirk Hammett, Katy Perry and Mark Mothersbaugh of Devo will all be coming together for an album that features a 110-year-old song.
Titled `The Gay Nineties Old Tyme Music: Daisy Bell`, the album will cover 19th century hit `Daisy Bell (Bicycle Built for Two)` featuring these artists along with Danny Elfman and Nick Cave among others, according to a leading daily.
The recordings came as part of an exhibition by pop art painter Mark Ryden.
Penned in 1892 by English songwriter Harry Dacre, `Daisy Bell` reached popularity through live performances by Katie Lawrence and Jennie Lindsay.
Other artists featuring in the album include, Tyler the Creator, Weird Al Yankovic, and Stan Ridgeway of Wall of Voodoo.
The album is limited to 999 copies, all hand-numbered and signed by Ryden. Half of the records will be sold at the gallery when the show opens and half will be sold on the artist`s website, beginning May 13.
A spokesperson for the gallery said that they anticipate the albums will sell out in "about five minutes."
The proceeds from the sale will be donated for music education among underprivileged children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’ row: Bollywood celebrities slam CBFC decision
- Guardians The Superheroes movie review: Russian replica of 'X-Men' series
- 'Anaarkali of Aaarah' will appeal to all sections: Swara Bhaskar
- Vishal Bharadwaj is very sensitive: Kangana Ranaut
- Worth taking all the risk: Deepika Padukone on 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' success
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt's quirky antics steal the show in 'Aashiq Surrender Hua'
- Akshay Kumar happy with 'Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast' song in 'Machine'!
- Anushka Sharma’s ‘Phillauri’: ‘Whats up’ - first wedding song of this season – Watch
- Maluma to donate Vina del Mar fest paycheque to fire victims
- Arjun Kapoor – Shraddha Kapoor’s ‘Half Girlfriend’ to create record with 18-minute long song!