Lady Gaga doesn`t care about criticisms
London: Pop star Lady Gaga says she is not a "reductive Madonna copy" and doesn`t care what people say about her music, weight or past drug taking.
The `Applause` singer doesn`t care if people accuse her of imitating the elder star, sparked by her 2011 single `Born This Way` bearing similarities to Madonna`s `Express Yourself`, because she feels her work stands apart, reported Contactmusic.
"Lady Gaga is a reductive Madonna copy. She`s over now. Write what you want, say what you want about me, I am not sorry," Gaga tweeted.
She then added a link to a 2012 interview in which Madonna described her songs as "reductive", adding, "Madonna hates Gaga she is over. I don`t need anybody`s permission to be remembered. I will be. Whether they like it or not."
Gaga, 27, also addressed her past issues with drugs and fluctuating weight in a similar manner.
"Lady Gaga is on drugs. Her career is over (Been an addict for 10 years). Write what you want. My recovery is a daily battle."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Devdas', 'Veer-Zaara' to be screened at theatres in the US
- Madhur Bhandarkar reveals first look of Kirti Kulhari starrer 'Indu Sarkar'
- Want to go worldwide with digital foray: Shilpa Shetty
- Girls should hit back if touched inappropriately, says Akshay Kumar
- Irrfan Khan in Georgia for 'Hindi Medium' shooting
- Vidya Balan's 'Begum Jaan': 'Prem Mein Tohre' by Asha Bhosle highlights Anu Malik's musical brilliance
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!
- Noor: Sonakshi Sinha lets her hair down, teases video of song 'Gulabi 2.0'
- Every film with AR Rahman is special journey, says Mani Ratnam