Lady Gaga pressured to drop Diana song
London: Pop star Lady Gaga has been pressured by her record company to drop a controversial song about the late Princess Diana from her new album `ARTPOP`.
The 27-year-old star had wanted `Princess Die` included on her third studio LP `ARTPOP`, which will release on Monday, but worried record company bosses at her label Streamline and parent firm Interscope urged her to axe the song fearing it may upset fans of the late Diana, reported Daily Mirror.
"Lady Gaga was passionate about Princess Diana and, though she admitted it wasn`t her best work, she still wanted it on the album. But after the adverse reaction it got from fans in the UK when she sang it at her gigs last year, the record company bosses stepped in.
"They persuaded her to remove it from the album to keep the peace. There still is a lot of emotion over Princess Di. Her death remains a very sensitive subject," a source said.
Gaga performed the song, written in 2011, at a concert in Twickenham, London, last year and told a somewhat sceptical crowd that it was her way of paying homage to the beloved royal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BMC polls 2017: Bollywood brigade urges people to step out and vote
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Two arrested, accused sent to 14-day judicial custody
- Kangana Ranaut not a part of Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s film with Shah Rukh Khan anymore?
- Shah Rukh Khan thanks 'Ittefaq' team for recreating his Yash Chopra film
- Saif Ali Khan breaks his silence on rumours about disapproval of Sara being launched by Karan Johar
- Justin Bieber's India concert: Sale of tickets to go live on February 22
- Fortunate to get good songs: Arijit Singh
- Diljit, Badshah jamming for something new?
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt enchant us with their beautiful chemistry in ‘Humsafar’
- Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan singing 'Humsafar' song from 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania' is a must watch!