Lady Gaga`s album to release in China
Los Angeles: Pop star Lady Gaga is excited after her latest album `Artpop` was approved for release in China where her songs were banned three years ago.
The Grammy-award winning singer`s albums were banned in the South Asian country in 2011 after its ministry of culture stamped them vulgar.
The 15-tracks album was released in the US in November last year. It is now headed to China.
"I`m so excited! The Chinese Government Approved `Artpop` to be released in China with all 15 songs! Next I hope I can come to perform!," 27-year-old Gaga tweeted.
Besides Gaga other major artists blacklisted by China for vulgarity in songs include Katy Perry, Kanye West, Britney Spears and Backstreet Boys.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lady Gaga's song was Taapsee Pannu's inspiration for 'Pink'
- Will sing in 'Tubelight', rest depends on Salman: Arijit Singh
- Song alert! Riteish Deshmukh plays 'Banjo' to the tunes of 'Rada' out now!
- Beyonce dominates MTV Video Music Awards 2016
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'