Lady Gaga`s album to release in China
Los Angeles: Pop star Lady Gaga is excited after her latest album `Artpop` was approved for release in China where her songs were banned three years ago.
The Grammy-award winning singer`s albums were banned in the South Asian country in 2011 after its ministry of culture stamped them vulgar.
The 15-tracks album was released in the US in November last year. It is now headed to China.
"I`m so excited! The Chinese Government Approved `Artpop` to be released in China with all 15 songs! Next I hope I can come to perform!," 27-year-old Gaga tweeted.
Besides Gaga other major artists blacklisted by China for vulgarity in songs include Katy Perry, Kanye West, Britney Spears and Backstreet Boys.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AR Rahman's romantic ballads steal Delhi hearts
- Influential theatre and opera director Luc Bondy dead at 67
- No one better than Ranveer, Deepika as Bajirao and Mastani: Priyanka
- Bigg Boss 9: Rimi Sen does not choose to leave house, Priya Malik wins immunity and captainship!
- Darshan Kumar excited to share screen space with Aishwarya