Lady Gaga to perform at first ever YouTube Music Awards
London: Pop sensation Lady Gaga is all set to perform at the first ever YouTube Music Awards.
The video sharing website will recognise the songs, artists and videos that were most viewed on its channels in the last year, the company announced.
"From catalysing careers and pop culture phenomena to propelling a song`s rise to number one on Billboard`s Hot 100, our global community`s influence is felt across the music industry.
"We`re thrilled to celebrate our fans and the music they love with a whole new kind of awards show ? the first-ever YouTube Music Awards ? judged by you," Danielle Tiedt, YouTube`s vice president of marketing, said in a statement.
The YouTube Music Awards is due to take place November 3 in New York City and Hollywood filmmaker Spike Jonze will be the creative director.
Actor Jason Schwartzman is slated to present the occasion as they celebrate over one billion worldwide users.
YouTube is recording performances in Seoul, Brazil, Moscow and London for the bash. Eminem and Arcade Fire, plus Lindsay Stirling and CZDA are also set to hit the stage.
Nominations will be announced October 17 and based on the data collected from users. People can then vote online by liking or sharing videos.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attention Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol! Watch – Belly dancers give new twist to ‘Tujhe Dekha To Yeh Jana Sanam’
- Urvashi Rautela gives 'Resham Ka Rumaal' a sexy twist in 'Great Grand Masti' – Watch here
- 'Sultan' Salman Khan lends his majestic voice for the title track, impresses again! – Check out
- Zareen Khan, Ali Fazal to feature in T-Series music video
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma team up with India's first transgender band