Lady Gaga was bankrupt during Monster Ball tour
Los Angeles: Pop star Lady Gaga, who was enjoying immense fame and success right after the release of her hit debut album, was in serious financial trouble in 2009.
In a clip from her upcoming EPIX original documentary `Who the F--k is Arthur Fogel?`, the 27-year-old revealed that she was bankrupt during her 2009 Monster Ball tour, reports eonline.com.
"I had three million dollars in the bank to my name and I threw it all in to make my stage," she said in the clip.
She added: "I remember I went home and I was with my dad and he said, `I don`t understand. `Bad Romance` is out. You are all over the radio. Everyone is talking about you and you don`t have a pot to piss in.` I said, `Just let me do this. Let me just put it on the stage because I think if I can do this, I can get Arthur Fogel`s attention.` And I did."
Fogel, chairman of Live Nation`s global touring division, believed in the musician and made her a life changing deal.
"I remember he called me and he said, `We want to do this.` And he got Live Nation to write me a $40 million check. And it changed my life and the life of my whole family," Gaga said.
`Who the F--k is Arthur Fogel?` will premiere March 19 on EPIX.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of 'Aligarh': Hansal Mehta looks back at film journey
- Ayesha Takia slams haters, says 'I love myself and you should love yourself too'
- Ranveer Singh working round the clock to meet deadlines
- Hrithik Roshan to launch his own workout regime
- Rani Mukerji to make comeback with women centric film 'Hichki'
- 'Sahiba' from Anushka Sharma, Diljit Dosanjh starrer 'Phillauri' will soothe your soul
- Arabic version of 'Zaalima' from 'Raees' will make you fall in love! - Watch
- Wiz Khalifa's sister dies at 32
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt's quirky antics steal the show in 'Aashiq Surrender Hua'
- Akshay Kumar happy with 'Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast' song in 'Machine'!