Leading female stars wow audiences at rugby stadium charity gig
London: World`s most famous female stars performed at Twickenham stadium on Saturday night for `The Chime For Change` charity`s `The Sound Of Change Live.`
Beyonce opened the event with `A Change Is Gonna Come`, followed by her rendition of `At Last` by Etta James, and sang her other hit songs, including `Crazy In Love,` singing with her husband Jay-Z, the Sun reported.
The pop diva later told the sell-out mass that they had been able to raise more than 4 million dollars.
The charity gig had been organised by Salma Hayek and Gucci`s fashion designer Frida Giannini to raise money for the organisation, which funds education, health and justice projects for women.
Madonna took the stage to show one of several short films - based on Humaira Bachal, who is fighting to secure education for girls in her local area of Pakistan.
Haim was next in line, and was followed by Jennifer Lopez who sand four songs.
The event ended with Beyonce performing a 12-song finale.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out! Katrina Kaif's realistic take on friendships in Bollywood
- Naseeruddin Shah apologises for his remarks on Rajesh Khanna, daughter Twinkle thanks supporters
- Watch: When Anushka Sharma went gaga over 'susheel ladka' Ranveer Singh!
- Salman Khan acquitted in two black buck poaching cases: Today is a big day for us, tweets sister Arpita
- All is not well between Kareena Kapoor Khan and Deepika Padukone? – Know why
- Watch 'Kala Chashma' teaser: Check out Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra's desi swag
- Ayushmann Khurrana rocks Seattle with his moonwalk, singing! Watch video
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Here's how Parineeti Chopra-Varun Dhawan rehearsed for 'Janemann Aah' from 'Dishoom' ! Watch video
- One Direction's Liam Payne ready to launch solo career