Legendary Jazz musician Horace Silver dies
London: Horace Silver, one of the most influential musicians in the history of jazz, died at the age of 85.
Silver was one of the most admired pianists and composers and was a pioneer of a rhythmic jazz style known as `hard bop`.
His career began as a tenor saxophonist in clubs in Connecticut, US, but he switched to piano after he moved to New York in the 1950s.
Many of his compositions became jazz standards, including `Sister Sadie`, `The Preacher` and `Filthy McNasty`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Rustom' trailer out: Bollywood in awe of Akshay Kumar!
- Kriti Sanon has mastered the 'lower-back' workout – This video is a proof!
- Saiyami Kher is fresh as a dewdrop: Shabana Azmi
- Salman Khan 'raped woman' remark: Varun Dhawan's reaction is the most quintessential one!
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show': Sufi musicians Wadali Brothers to grace the show
- Urvashi Rautela gives 'Resham Ka Rumaal' a sexy twist in 'Great Grand Masti' – Watch here
- 'Sultan' Salman Khan lends his majestic voice for the title track, impresses again! – Check out
- Zareen Khan, Ali Fazal to feature in T-Series music video
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma team up with India's first transgender band
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' sans songs? Details inside