Lil Wayne sued over teen`s record contract
Los Angeles: Rapper Lil Wayne is facing legal action from a teenage singer he signed to his Young Money Entertainment label amid allegations that the hip-hop star abandoned the youngster.
Torion Sellers claims the `Lollipop` hitmaker reneged on a promise to release his debut album by spring, 2012 after signing him when he was 13, and the now 15-year-old artist is eager to be released from his contract so he can pursue other opportunities, reported TMZ Online.
He has filed papers in a US court asking a judge to declare his deal invalid because the business arrangement he agreed to with Wayne and his label partners was not submitted for court approval - which is a legal requirement for all contracts with minors.
Wayne has yet to respond to the court action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui opens up about working with Shah Rukh Khan in 'Raees'
- Dilip Kumar to celebrate 94th birthday at home?
- Shilpa Shetty's son Viaan not allowed to watch TV on weekdays!
- Nagarjuna's son Akhil Akkineni engaged to girlfriend Shriya Bhupal!
- Guess who? THIS superstar launched Vikram Phadnis' debut film
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Aamir Khan’s ‘Dangal’ title track out and it’s awesome!
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil Hoon Main' song will make you fall in love all over again!
- Hrithik Roshan's new song 'Kaabil Hoon Main' is soft and soothing!
- Aamir Khan has something to say about ‘Dangal’ title track – Watch