Madonna`s `MDNA` named best selling album in Russia
London: Pop star Madonna`s album "MDNA" has been named Russia`s best-selling album of 2012.
The 54-year-old`s latest record has been named number one in the Russian end-of-year album chart, reports Lenta.ru.
Madonna took her "MDNA" tour to Russia in August this year and she was subsequently hit with a $10.5 million lawsuit by activists who claimed she illegally promoted homosexuality at her show in St. Petersburg by handing out pink wristbands in support of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community.
According to femalefirst.co.uk, the lawsuit was subsequently dismissed.
Madonna also hit headlines in Russia this year by speaking out in support of members of punk band Pussy Riot, who were jailed for performing a song railing against President Vladimir Putin in February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Arshad Warsi says 'Mata ka email' song doesn't intend to hurt anyone's sentiments
- 'Guddu Rangeela' conveys serious message with pinch of salt, says Arshad Warsi
- PIL against 'Mohalla Assi': HC fixes July 6 as date of hearing
- Sunny Leone to play cameo in Akshay Kumar's 'Singh Is Bliing'