Male executives dominate music industry: Lily Allen
Los Angeles: Singer Lily Allen says that women are controlled by male executives in the music industry.
According to the 28-year-old, females are urged to keep their mouth shut as its a men-dominated world, reports contactmusic.com.
"I`ve always been called `mouthy` when, in fact, I`m just talking. In the music industry, women have always been controlled by male execs, told to do the Kate Moss thing. Keep your mouth shut, or people will laugh at you. They`ve been talking about us like this for years, basically," Allen told The Observer magazine.
"The Fear" singer, who is returning to the music industry after a four-year break, says things have changed since she launched her career in 2005.
"It`s nice, but it`s weird. I`m totally out of touch. When I first started, in terms of girls it was just me and Amy Winehouse. Now, `re-entering the marketplace`, it`s all girls," she said.
However, she doesn`t think the hits the artists produce are real because their songs are written by other people.
"Nobody says anything real today. Most of those girls have their songs written by other people. It annoys me, because `eh oh eh oh ahh` is not a chorus - that`s not a point where I feel `we`re connecting`, you know? I need a narrative," Allen said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Woah! Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur to share longest kiss in 'Fitoor'
- Katrina Kaif breaks silence over break-up with Ranbir Kapoor, here's what she has to say
- Gujarati theatre actor Markand Bhatt passes away
- I am not in awe of Kareena Kapoor Khan: Arjun Kapoor
- Hope to come up with rock album in year or two: Aditya Roy Kapoor
- Zayn Malik's album release coincides with 'One Direction' exit-anniversary
- 'Neerja': Sonam Kapoor in 'Aankhen Milayenge Darr Se' will stir you—Watch video!
- Who lifted a song from Salman Khan's film?
- Priyanka Chopra's 'Exotic' gets 80 mn views!
- Ali Zafar to do item song in 'Tere Bin Laden: Dead or Alive'