Male executives dominate music industry: Lily Allen
Los Angeles: Singer Lily Allen says that women are controlled by male executives in the music industry.
According to the 28-year-old, females are urged to keep their mouth shut as its a men-dominated world, reports contactmusic.com.
"I`ve always been called `mouthy` when, in fact, I`m just talking. In the music industry, women have always been controlled by male execs, told to do the Kate Moss thing. Keep your mouth shut, or people will laugh at you. They`ve been talking about us like this for years, basically," Allen told The Observer magazine.
"The Fear" singer, who is returning to the music industry after a four-year break, says things have changed since she launched her career in 2005.
"It`s nice, but it`s weird. I`m totally out of touch. When I first started, in terms of girls it was just me and Amy Winehouse. Now, `re-entering the marketplace`, it`s all girls," she said.
However, she doesn`t think the hits the artists produce are real because their songs are written by other people.
"Nobody says anything real today. Most of those girls have their songs written by other people. It annoys me, because `eh oh eh oh ahh` is not a chorus - that`s not a point where I feel `we`re connecting`, you know? I need a narrative," Allen said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Ranveer Singh – Vaani Kapoor entertaintain contestants; Elena Kazan gets evicted
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- It’s out! Aditya Chopra’s favourite song from ‘Befikre’
- Alia Bhatt's 'Let's Break Up' song from 'Dear Zindagi' is like a therapy!
- Maharashtra CM’s wife Amruta Fadnavis to feature in a music video with Amitabh Bachchan