Marc Anthony to launch first single of new salsa disc
New York: American salsa star Marc Anthony will launch April 26 "Vivir Mi Vida", the first promotional cut from his new disc, which goes on sale next July, his publicist said.
The day before the single goes on the market, the artist will appear at the Billboard Latin Music Awards gala, where he will perform his new number, an adaptation of the song "C`est La Vie" by Cheb Khaled.
"Vivir Mi Vida" will be available on iTunes immediately after the world debut of the single at the Billboard awards, his publicist Blanca Lasalle said in a communique Saturday.
This is the first disc of tropical music that the New Yorker, winner of two Grammys and three Latin Grammys, has made in almost 10 years, since "Valio la Pena" in 2004.
For the project Anthony got back together with music producer Sergio George, who produced many of the hits he has racked up in his career, Lasalle said.
"Vivir Mi Vida" was recorded at the Hit Factory and Top Stop Music studios in Florida "and is a celebration and hymn to life featuring the style and unique voice of Marc Anthony", the communique said.
In 2010, Anthony launched "Iconos", an album in which he sang signature songs of Latino stars as a tribute to his idols. It was preceded by "El Cantante" in 2007, which included numbers from the like-named movie that he made together with his wife at the time, Jennifer Lopez, about the life of the late singer Hector Lavoe.
In 2006 he launched "Sigo Siendo Yo", a collection of his greatest hits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor to continue kissing spree as CBFC gives U/A certificate to new 'Befikre' trailer!
- I have not taken a penny for 'Shivaay', says Ajay Devgn
- After 'ADHM', Shah Rukh Khan's 'Raees' and 'Dear Zindagi' get green signal from MNS
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' or 'Shivaay': Here's what 'Baahubali' director SS Rajamouli will be watching
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' controversy: No one needs to give proof of their patriotism, says Pahlaj Nihalani
- Classical musicians are not entertainers: Amjad Ali Khan
- Taylor Swift to perform at Formula One concert!
- Arijit Singh's 'Nashe Si Chadh Gayi' from Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer 'Befikre' will leave you tripping
- 'Enormous market for music in India'
- Shah Rukh Khan is our favourite, says British pop rock band 'The Vamps'