Mariah Carey releases new single to honour Obama victory
New York: Singer Mariah Carey has released a new song ‘Bring It On Home’ in honour of US President Barack Obama’s victory.
The Obama supporter premiered her soulful track in a post on pal Jermaine Dupri’s website, Global14.com, on Wednesday.
“We just everyday people trying to make it through the pain,” her song begins.
“Yet we intentionally hurt each other playing silly games. But when it comes down to win or lose, don’t give up the fight. Strength is what we need, and love can save our lives,” it added.
According to the New York Daily News, Carey had first performed her election day song live during a campaign event earlier this year, and has been tweeting incessantly about the election throughout the campaign season.
And after Obama’s victory was announced, she quickly took to Twitter to congratulate him.
“Congratulations to our beloved President Barack Obama, our spectacular First Lady Michelle Obama & the adorable Malia and Sasha. We love you,” she wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Baywatch: Priyanka Chopra looks unapologetically stunning in red - See Poster
- Nach Baliye 8: Check out this season’s celebrity contestants
- Malayalam actress abduction case: Congress MLA alleges 'serious lapses' in handling case
- Veteran Arun Kakade selected for META Lifetime Achievement
- Have made my space without backing, support, says Aditi Rao Hydari
- Maluma to donate Vina del Mar fest paycheque to fire victims
- Arjun Kapoor – Shraddha Kapoor’s ‘Half Girlfriend’ to create record with 18-minute long song!
- Justin Bieber India Purpose Tour: Varun Dhawan to attend concert
- Akshay Kumar and Raveena Tandon's popular song all set for a reprised version!
- Justin Bieber's India concert: Sale of tickets to go live on February 22