Mariah Carey split from producer?
New York: Singer Mariah Carey has reportedly split from her longtime producer Jermaine Dupri following poor sale of her latest album.
Carey, 45, who has shared a close relationship with Dupri for 20 years, has now signed music industry veteran Kevin Liles after her album `Me I Am Mariah...The Elusive Chanteuse` did not work, suggest reports.
Liles and Carey also launched a beverage line together last year, Butterfly and a representative of the singer said "the record executive is consulting with her".
Carey and the multiplatinum producer Dupri have churned out hits including `We Belong Together` but the recent album reportedly sold just over 100,000 copies to date.
"When you`re working with one person for so long, and you`re not selling any records, it`s time to make a change," one music insider said.
Dupri has worked with Carey as a producer for years but signed on as her manager last summer
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prayers for Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa ji's health, tweets Rishi Kapoor
- How Jessica Alba takes care of her hair!
- Tom Cruise's 'The Mummy' trailer will send shivers down your spine
- Himesh Reshammiya reveals similarities between Salman Khan, Iulia Vantur
- Here's what Elena Kazan said after getting evicted from 'Bigg Boss' season 10
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- It’s out! Aditya Chopra’s favourite song from ‘Befikre’
- Alia Bhatt's 'Let's Break Up' song from 'Dear Zindagi' is like a therapy!
- Maharashtra CM’s wife Amruta Fadnavis to feature in a music video with Amitabh Bachchan