Mel C criticises R&B singer Rihanna for bold videos
London: Former Spice Girls singer Mel C has criticised singer Rihanna for being too bold in her videos and on stage while performing in front of young fans.
Mel C, who has a two-year-old daughter Scarlet with boyfriend Thomas Starr, has grown increasingly concerned about ‘inappropriate’ imagery in the music business and believes the ‘California King Bed’ hitmaker’s behaviour is too graphic for her younger fans.
"People have to take some responsibility because we`ve got to a point where the over-sexualisation of young children has gone too far. I think music is a big part of that. Women in music are extremely sexual and they have young fans. It is inappropriate," femalefirst.co.uk quoted the 37-year-old as saying.
"Rihanna has a responsibility and although culture`s always changing, it`s changed too much. It needs to be dealt with. It`s reached saturation point, we owe it to our kids to protect them," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranbir Kapoor’s ex-girlfriends - Deepika Padukone and Katrina Kaif - to do a film together!
- Kapil Sharma turns Johar’s ‘Koffee with Karan’ spicy couch into a laughter zone
- One year of 'Aligarh': Hansal Mehta looks back at film journey
- Ayesha Takia slams haters, says 'I love myself and you should love yourself too'
- Ranveer Singh working round the clock to meet deadlines
- 'Sahiba' from Anushka Sharma, Diljit Dosanjh starrer 'Phillauri' will soothe your soul
- Arabic version of 'Zaalima' from 'Raees' will make you fall in love! - Watch
- Wiz Khalifa's sister dies at 32
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt's quirky antics steal the show in 'Aashiq Surrender Hua'
- Akshay Kumar happy with 'Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast' song in 'Machine'!