Miley Cyrus, Adele on board for Bob Dylan cover set
Los Angeles: What do Bob Dylan and Miley Cyrus have in common -- besides their perpetually chipper demeanor, of course?
They`re both doing their part to benefit human rights organization Amnesty International on its 50th anniversary.
The human-rights organization is releasing a sprawling, four-CD collection, "Chimes of Freedom: The Songs of Bob Dylan Honoring 50 Years of Amnesty International," on January 24, with the proceeds going to AI, according to numerous news reports.
The collection, which primarily consists of cover versions of tunes from the Dylan catalog, encompasses 80 artists. Among those taking a crack at Mr. Zimmerman`s songbook: Adele, Sting, Elvis Costello, My Chemical Romance, Ke$ha and, yes, "Party in the USA" songbird Cyrus, who will contribute her take on Dylan`s "You`re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go."
On the other end of the age spectrum, 92-year-old folk icon Pete Seeger will offer his version of "Forever Young," accompanied by a children`s chorus.
Aside from Dylan`s original 1964 rendition of "Chimes of Freedom," all of the songs will be new recordings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ‘Housefull 3’ gang – Akshay Kumar, Riteish Deshmukh and Abhishek Bachchan – in ‘Taang Uthakey’ teaser
- Meet Tommy Singh aka Shahid Kapoor in 'Chitta Ve' from 'Udta Punjab'—Watch!
- Hrithik Roshan joins hand with transgender band for a cause
- Hrithik Roshan shares video where Katrina Kaif is singing! Watch it now
- Kesha legal battle: Singer releases her single post clash!