Miley Cyrus` fans urge making her hit song `Party in the USA` national anthem
Melbourne: Ardent fans of Miley Cyrus have filed an online petition with the White House to make her famous song `Party in the USA,` the new US anthem.
The petition, which has been lodged on We The People, the White House`s system that allows people to lobby the government, demands the replacement of `The Star-Spangled Banner,` with the singer`s hit track, News.com.au reported.
The fans have called on the amendment of the tune with a message that urges Barack Obama to make Miley Cyrus` ` Party in the USA` their national anthem, asserting that it is what is best for the US.
For the petition to be put forward to the government it needs at least 100,000 signatures, so far the appeal has received just 254 supporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali to compose music for 'Padmavati'
- Janmashtami special—Celebrate Krishna's birth with these top 5 Bollywood tracks!
- Shraddha Kapoor sought to judge music reality TV show?
- Wedding SONG of the year 'Nachde Ne Saare' has Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra dance to glory! Watch
- Song alert! 'Besabriyaan' from Sushant Singh Rajput's 'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story' OUT—Watch