MJ’s family to sue concert organisers
London: A judge has given late pop legend Michael Jackson`s family a go-ahead to sue the organisers of the King of Pop`s ill-fated London concerts.
The superstar died in June 2009, just weeks before he was due to take the stage in the British capital for a mammoth run of his "This Is It" shows.
Jackson`s mother Katherine, along with his three children, took legal action against bosses at AEG Live, the company behind the concerts, accusing them of fraud, negligence, breach of contract and infliction of emotional distress, reports contactmusic.com.
They claim AEG chiefs failed to undertake background checks on Jackson`s personal physician Conrad Murray, who stands accused of administering the fatal dose of anaesthetic Propofol which killed the singer.
Murray has pleaded not guilty to a charge of involuntary manslaughter.
The lawsuit went to court in California Feb 2 and a judge at the Los Angeles Superior Court denied a motion to dismiss the case, which was brought by AEG`s lawyers.
Judge Yvette Palazuelos scheduled the next hearing for March 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fawad Khan to romance Deepika Padukone in Ranveer Singh starrer 'Padmavati'?
- We’re not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again!
- Producer's Guild hold emergency meet after 'Dishoom' leak threat
- WhatsApp chat between Hrithik Roshan and his mother will give you fitness goals! View inside
- Elvis Presley almost choked himself to death with drugs
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Here's how Parineeti Chopra-Varun Dhawan rehearsed for 'Janemann Aah' from 'Dishoom' ! Watch video
- One Direction's Liam Payne ready to launch solo career
- Actors singing is a very good trend: Ayushmann Khurrana
- Google's Doodle tribute to Bollywood singer Mukesh