MJ’s family to sue concert organisers
London: A judge has given late pop legend Michael Jackson`s family a go-ahead to sue the organisers of the King of Pop`s ill-fated London concerts.
The superstar died in June 2009, just weeks before he was due to take the stage in the British capital for a mammoth run of his "This Is It" shows.
Jackson`s mother Katherine, along with his three children, took legal action against bosses at AEG Live, the company behind the concerts, accusing them of fraud, negligence, breach of contract and infliction of emotional distress, reports contactmusic.com.
They claim AEG chiefs failed to undertake background checks on Jackson`s personal physician Conrad Murray, who stands accused of administering the fatal dose of anaesthetic Propofol which killed the singer.
Murray has pleaded not guilty to a charge of involuntary manslaughter.
The lawsuit went to court in California Feb 2 and a judge at the Los Angeles Superior Court denied a motion to dismiss the case, which was brought by AEG`s lawyers.
Judge Yvette Palazuelos scheduled the next hearing for March 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Book lovers go gaga as cine-star Rishi Kapoor takes centrestage at Zee Jaipur Literature Festival
- 'Iron Man 3' actor Miguel Ferrer dead after battling throat cancer
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley
- THIS is what Shah Rukh Khan can't do in front of camera!
- Shah Rukh Khan heads to 'Bigg Boss 10' sets, will meet Salman Khan!
- Akshay Kumar, Huma Qureshi's 'Go Pagal' song making video is a must watch!
- Akshay Kumar turns a 'Jolly good fellow' in this new promotional music video!
- Shahid Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut's brilliant chemistry in 'Yeh Ishq Hai' song from 'Rangoon' is a must WATCH!
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aditya Roy Kapoor and Hrithik Roshan revisit evergreen hits – Here’s how
- David Guetta concert: Mumbai, Delhi gig rescheduled to January 15