MJ’s family to sue concert organisers
London: A judge has given late pop legend Michael Jackson`s family a go-ahead to sue the organisers of the King of Pop`s ill-fated London concerts.
The superstar died in June 2009, just weeks before he was due to take the stage in the British capital for a mammoth run of his "This Is It" shows.
Jackson`s mother Katherine, along with his three children, took legal action against bosses at AEG Live, the company behind the concerts, accusing them of fraud, negligence, breach of contract and infliction of emotional distress, reports contactmusic.com.
They claim AEG chiefs failed to undertake background checks on Jackson`s personal physician Conrad Murray, who stands accused of administering the fatal dose of anaesthetic Propofol which killed the singer.
Murray has pleaded not guilty to a charge of involuntary manslaughter.
The lawsuit went to court in California Feb 2 and a judge at the Los Angeles Superior Court denied a motion to dismiss the case, which was brought by AEG`s lawyers.
Judge Yvette Palazuelos scheduled the next hearing for March 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kareena Kapoor Khan congratulates Shahid Kapoor on becoming a proud parent! Full story inside
- Here are some tips to style yourself in a Boho outfit
- Failure more special than success: Emraan Hashmi
- RIP Gene Wilder: Celebs mourns loss of 'funniest and sweetest energies ever'
- SMASH HIT: Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is still ruling the Box Office! – Details inside
- Lady Gaga's song was Taapsee Pannu's inspiration for 'Pink'
- Will sing in 'Tubelight', rest depends on Salman: Arijit Singh
- Song alert! Riteish Deshmukh plays 'Banjo' to the tunes of 'Rada' out now!
- Beyonce dominates MTV Video Music Awards 2016
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'