Morrissey may retire from music
Washington: Morrissey, who is currently battling a catalogue of ailments including pneumonia , a bleeding ulcer and a throat condition has hinted that he is retiring from music following weeks of illness.
The 53-year-old axed 22 dates on his North American tour at the weekend and has been frequently forced to postpone the concerts due to his poor health.
The former ` Smiths` frontman has admitted in a statement that he`s reached his "physical limits" but hopes that this isn`t the end, the Sun reported
"It takes a lifetime to find the right words, and at the moment, I haven`t got them," he wrote.
"I`ve been a colossal pain where this continuously unpredictable illness is concerned, and now the physical limits have been reached.
"The tour had, in fact, been fantastic for all of us - a new slice of life full of concentrated power. The audiences everywhere have given so much, although I know that neither of us will ever receive our due," the singer said.
"I hope this isn`t the end, and I hope there will be other chances, minus the heavy burden of illness. Knots of grief today, but full of resolve for tomorrow," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Commando 2: Vidyut Jammwal takes excitement up a notch ahead of trailer release
- Sussanne Khan tweets about former husband Hrithik Roshan
- Shah Rukh Khan to travel to Delhi in train
- Bigg Boss 10: Nitibha Kaul has an interesting message for all Manveer Gurjar fans – Watch
- Shah Rukh Khan, son AbRam's latest pictures will make you say 'Battery Nahi Bolne Ka'
- Akshay Kumar, Huma Qureshi's 'Go Pagal' song making video is a must watch!
- Akshay Kumar turns a 'Jolly good fellow' in this new promotional music video!
- Shahid Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut's brilliant chemistry in 'Yeh Ishq Hai' song from 'Rangoon' is a must WATCH!
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aditya Roy Kapoor and Hrithik Roshan revisit evergreen hits – Here’s how
- David Guetta concert: Mumbai, Delhi gig rescheduled to January 15