MySpace names Oz rockers AC/DC as world’s best band
Melbourne: Australian rock band AC/DC has been named as the best band in the world by MySpace.
Second on the list, which was released on October 7, was American rock band Nirvana followed by Red Hot Chilli Peppers in third place and the Beatles in fourth.
Surprisingly, the Rolling Stones failed to make the top ten bands.
U2 and Led Zeppelin also just made it on to the list, closing the ranks at number 9 and 10.
MySpace Content Manager, Dan Stapleton, said the results have highlighted the wide taste in music.
“These results demonstrate just how diverse MySpace’s user base is, and highlights Myspace as an entertainment destination that caters to all tastes in music,” the Herald Sun quoted him as saying.
“We’ve also taken the liberty of creating playlist for each of the Top Tens, so fans can listen to and share tracks by all their favourite artists,” he stated.
The top ten bands that made it to the list were:
3 Red Hot Chilli Peppers
5 Guns N Roses
10 Led Zeppelin
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' declared tax-free in Madhya Pradesh
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Donald Trump was obsessed with me: Kristen Stewart on his old tweet about her
- Priyanka Chopra thanks 'Quantico' team for People's Choice Award!
- Akshay Kumar, Huma Qureshi's 'Go Pagal' song making video is a must watch!
- Akshay Kumar turns a 'Jolly good fellow' in this new promotional music video!
- Shahid Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut's brilliant chemistry in 'Yeh Ishq Hai' song from 'Rangoon' is a must WATCH!
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aditya Roy Kapoor and Hrithik Roshan revisit evergreen hits – Here’s how
- David Guetta concert: Mumbai, Delhi gig rescheduled to January 15