MySpace names Oz rockers AC/DC as world’s best band
Melbourne: Australian rock band AC/DC has been named as the best band in the world by MySpace.
Second on the list, which was released on October 7, was American rock band Nirvana followed by Red Hot Chilli Peppers in third place and the Beatles in fourth.
Surprisingly, the Rolling Stones failed to make the top ten bands.
U2 and Led Zeppelin also just made it on to the list, closing the ranks at number 9 and 10.
MySpace Content Manager, Dan Stapleton, said the results have highlighted the wide taste in music.
“These results demonstrate just how diverse MySpace’s user base is, and highlights Myspace as an entertainment destination that caters to all tastes in music,” the Herald Sun quoted him as saying.
“We’ve also taken the liberty of creating playlist for each of the Top Tens, so fans can listen to and share tracks by all their favourite artists,” he stated.
The top ten bands that made it to the list were:
3 Red Hot Chilli Peppers
5 Guns N Roses
10 Led Zeppelin
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Filmmakers just followed law; Karan Johar is being bullied: Zoya Akhtar
- Unfair to target film involving mostly Indians, says Dia Mirza
- Antara Biswas aka Monalisa wants Salman's attention with 'Bigg Boss' stint
- I'm sure kids will be inspired by 'Shivaay': Ajay Devgn
- No blanket ban on Pakistani artistes in view of prevailing atmosphere: MEA
- Classical musicians are not entertainers: Amjad Ali Khan
- Taylor Swift to perform at Formula One concert!
- Arijit Singh's 'Nashe Si Chadh Gayi' from Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer 'Befikre' will leave you tripping
- 'Enormous market for music in India'
- Shah Rukh Khan is our favourite, says British pop rock band 'The Vamps'