Neil Young cancels Tel Aviv concert amid hostilities
Los Angeles: In the wake of escalating tension in Israel, Neil Young and Crazy Horse have confirmed that their scheduled concert in Tel Aviv is officially off.
Citing security issues as the reason, a spokesperson for Young`s camp said in a statement that it would be unsafe to perform on July 17, said a daily.
"It is with heavy hearts and deep sadness that we must cancel our one and only Israeli concert due to tensions which have rendered the event unsafe at this time. We`ll miss the opportunity to play for our fans and look forward to playing in Israel and Palestine in peace.
"I will be making donations to both the Louise Tillie Alpert Youth Music Centre of Israel, and Heartbeat, two organisations that teach music to Palestinian and Israeli youth simultaneously by enabling them to play music together," Young said.
This would have been Young`s second visit to Israel after 1995.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arjun Kapoor's early birthday celebrations on the sets of 'Half Girlfriend'! Pic inside
- Find out which day of the week is dedicated to which Lord!
- Govinda chose 'The Kapil Sharma show' over 'Comedy Nights Live'—Here's why?
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- IIFA 2016: Salman Khan spilling hotness in brand new hair-cut and elegant suit! – Pic inside
- Like seriously! Kanye West lying naked along with other 11 personalities in his 'Famous' video - Watch
- Throwback pic! Virat Kohli showcases rockstar avatar, raps in AR Rahman's Chennai studio
- Led Zeppelin cleared of plagiarism charges
- Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan laud Shekhar Kapur's daughter's soul-stirring debut song – Watch
- Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline and John Abraham in 'Sau Tarah Ke' making video look HIGH on energy! Watch now