Neil Young cancels Tel Aviv concert amid hostilities
Los Angeles: In the wake of escalating tension in Israel, Neil Young and Crazy Horse have confirmed that their scheduled concert in Tel Aviv is officially off.
Citing security issues as the reason, a spokesperson for Young`s camp said in a statement that it would be unsafe to perform on July 17, said a daily.
"It is with heavy hearts and deep sadness that we must cancel our one and only Israeli concert due to tensions which have rendered the event unsafe at this time. We`ll miss the opportunity to play for our fans and look forward to playing in Israel and Palestine in peace.
"I will be making donations to both the Louise Tillie Alpert Youth Music Centre of Israel, and Heartbeat, two organisations that teach music to Palestinian and Israeli youth simultaneously by enabling them to play music together," Young said.
This would have been Young`s second visit to Israel after 1995.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'—Celebrate heartbreak ala Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma in 'Channa Mereya' song! Watch now
- 'Rock On!! 2' band member Shraddha Kapoor aka Jiah releases her new single 'Tere Mere Dil'! Watch now
- Zayn Malik shares the reason for quitting One Direction
- VHP, Bajrang Dal seek cancellation of Pakistani singer Shafqat Amanat Ali's concert
- Treat for fans of Carnatic music on Vijayadashami in Dubai